Gemopai electric scooter showroom caught fire in Secunderabad, Telangana.
Play the article!

Gemopai electric scooter showroom caught fire in Secunderabad, Telangana.

Eight people died, and many others were injured because of the fire that broke out in the Gemopai electric scooter showroom.

A Gemopai electric scooter showroom in Secunderabad, Telangana, caught fire due to a short circuit while charging. The showroom was in the basement of the hotel Ruby Pride.

As per the reports, eight people were killed, and many were injured because of the fire. The fire broke out in the basement of the hotel, where electric scooters were being charged. The flames and smoke reached the upper floors, and eight people staying in the hotel died because of asphyxiation caused by the smoke.

22 guests were staying at the hotel. The Fire Department rescued several people using cranes. Some of them jumped from the building and managed to escape with the help of locals.

The initial investigation shows that the short circuit that led to the fire occurred while the scooters were being charged in the Gemopai electric scooter showroom. There were close to 40 e-scooters in the showroom.

Telangana police have registered a case against the owner of the showroom, who is also the owner of the hotel. The police are also investing further.

PM Narendra Modi has expressed deep grief over the loss of lives due to the fire incident. He also announced an ex-gratia of ₹2 lakhs to the next kin of the deceased and ₹ 50,000 to those injured in the accident. Telangana CM KCR announced ₹3 lakhs to the next of kin of each deceased.

This is not the first electric scooter fire case in India. In the past, electric scooters of Pure EV, Okinawa, and Jitendra EV had caught fire. The Government has issued new quality standards for EV batteries. Recently, The Ministry of Road Transport and Highway added more safety requirements to the existing EV batteries safety standards.

Spread the love

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.